USMLEWorld, LLC, is a leading provider of quality preparatory material for the United
States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE™.) USMLEWorld is always looking for
intelligent, self-motivated and talented individuals for all levels within our company.
We provide a work environment that will continually challenge our employees as they
expand their knowledge, skills and abilities.
Current Job Opportunities
Physician Authors for Internal Medicine
We are seeking two general internal medicine physicians to collaborate with our sub-specialty physician authors to improve the quality content for online products. The author will work with a team of physicians, editors, and illustrators to produce high-quality content for our IM Qbanks and USMLE™ Qbanks.
- The physician will work part-time in clinical or out-patient practice with the remainder of time working at our corporate office in the Dallas, Texas area.
- The ideal physician will have exceptional communication skills, superior medical knowledge, and passion for training future physicians.
- Internal medicine residents who plan to stay in internal medicine and are willing to relocate are welcome to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary of $250,000-plus per year (for non-clinical + clinical work) with potential to reach $300,000+.
- Additional growth opportunity that is not commonly offered with 100% clinical work.
- Assistance in locating a part-time clinical position.
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- medical insurance
- vision/dental insurance
- up to ten days of paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer matching
- ten paid holidays off per year
- Casual office environment with flexibility not generally available in clinical environment.
- Urban location: Dallas is physician friendly, has a great climate, low living expenses, no state income tax, and a growing economy.
- Clinical work can be just one or two weeks of Hospitalist job per month or two days per week of out-patient practice.
- Non-clinical work is weekdays 8AM to 5PM without calls or weekends.
- Email cover letter, CV, and 3 sample USMLE- or ABIM-style internal medicine questions (in MS Word or PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking a medical editor in the Dallas area to edit the educational
and application materials for clients of our internet-based, medical-education company.
Successful applicants will have a strong writing and editing background. A degree
in a science-related discipline, technical writing, and editorial experience is
- Edit examination items focusing on development of clinical vignettes. Review items
for test flaws and adherence to test development methodologies. Provide suggestions
to authors for substantive changes.
- Edit for grammar, punctuation, clarity, consistency of style, and item accuracy.
- Develop biographies and abstracts based on background material submitted by faculty
- Establish style and format guides for all types of writing projects.
- Proofread and prepare manuscripts/materials for publication and/or submission to
authors for review.
- Must have BA/BS degree in English, Creative Writing, Medical Education, or related
field of study.
- Must have a minimum of two years of Medical editing experience.
- Must exhibit excellent written/verbal communication skills and knowledge of medical
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines while coordinating and prioritizing multiple
- Must be able to work under strict quality-control guidelines, review the work of
others, and contribute to a collaborative product.
- Must have knowledge of medical concepts, technologies, or applications.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with MS Office products.
- Must have knowledge of AMA Manual of Style.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation on par with industry standards
- Up to 3 weeks paid time off
- Excellent health and medical benefits
- 401(k) plan for retirement
- Relaxed work environment
- Only applicants with medical editing experience will be considered. We are not looking for corporate communications editors, technical editors, or literary editors.
- Applicants should be available to work from our Dallas, TX (area) office. Remote workers will not be considered.
- This is a permanent position. No contract employees will be considered.
- Interested candidates should apply with resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
- Apply by Email: jobs(at)usmleworld(dot)com