Internal Medicine Qbank for IM Boards
Why Should I Subscribe?
Choosing the right material for the Internal Medicine Boards (ABIM) preparation
is the key to achieving high scores and attaining Internal Medicine board certification/recertification.
There are a number of Internal Medicine board review materials on the market to
prepare for the Internal Medicine Board exam. From our experience, we have found
both the pros and cons in each one of them. The USMLEWorld Internal Medicine Qbank,
while retaining the best features, answers all of the shortcomings and also has
some new features helpful for the ABIM exams. Please read along for a detailed overview.
Focused Exam Content and State of the art Explanations
We teach you the concepts, which are important not just to pass the IM Boards but
to attain the broad base of knowledge needed to be an effective and well-informed
practitioner. Our explanations are grounded in evidence-based medicine and widely-accepted
procedures/treatment. Every explanation of a question includes a specific "educational
objective" that outlines the main concept from that particular question, making
the whole concept very easy to remember..
Furthermore, all of our materials are created by professional physician authors
who actively practice within various internal medicine subspecialties. Each question
in the Internal Medicine Qbank requires a unique and systematic two- to three-step
thinking process. Our explanations are concise, yet thorough, which makes them easier
to read and memorize.
Benefits to Residency Programs
Internal medicine residency programs have a vested interest in their residents'
performance on both the in-training examinations as well as the ABIM certification
exam. The results of these training standards reflect the knowledge and competency
of patient care given by the residents as well as the quality of education provided
by the training hospital. The IM Qbank is an excellent study aide for the in-training
examinations as well as the ABIM certification exam. See the
Internal Medicine Board Certification Facts for residency in-training examination
as a predictor of performance on the Internal Medicine Board Certification Exam.
- A high first-time pass rate for the ABIM Boards is associated with higher-quality
programs, especially amongst those training a high number of foreign medical graduates.
- According to the ABIM, approximately 85% of test material evaluates synthesis and
clinical judgment, leaving only 15% for recall memory questions. The USMLEWorld
IM Qbank emphasizes clinical judgment in a two- to three-step process, forcing the
student to utilize concepts rather than rote memory.
Benefits to Residents
Residency is both a grueling and rewarding experience. Constant studying is required
to improve your knowledge base and clinical skills. The Internal Medicine Qbank
will hone your skill in both theoretical and clinical practice. The Qbank is an
excellent tool, not only for ABIM certification exam preparation, but studying for
your yearly in-training exams, as well. Our concept-based questions require multiple
steps in order to reach the correct answer, which forces you to use clinical judgment
(and thus better preparing you for the actual board-type questions). This Qbank
can improve your knowledge and your in-training exam scores, thus increasing your
confidence and proving your competence in medical knowledge and patient care. For
those residents preparing for Step 3, the Internal Medicine Qbank is a great supplemental
study aide to improve your diagnostic skills and understanding of common diseases.
Benefits to Physicians Seeking Maintenance of Certification (Recertification)
Even the most experienced internal medicine physicians need refreshment on the most
current applications of clinical medicine. Our up-to-date, concept-based content
enhances your current expertise in all areas of general internal medicine and helps
you breeze through ABIM recertification exam day with ease. See the
Internal Medicine Board Certification Facts for importance of ABIM recertification.
Feel at Home on the Big Day
Familiarizing yourself with the real exam software interface is very important.
We have designed our IM Qbank to have the same look and feel as that of the real
exam. Enough practice with this Qbank will make you feel at home while you are taking
the real Internal Medicine Board exam, so that you can spend your valuable time
analyzing the question, instead of familiarizing yourself with the software.
Competitive Prices / Flexible Durations / Convenient Test Packages
- Affordable, low monthly subscription rates
- Unlimited amount of extensions/renewals of an active subscription
- Each test package duration created to suit your preference
A++ Customer Service
- Fast, friendly, and reliable customer service available to assist your every need
- Over 900 high quality, unrepeated, multiple choice questions; and this question
bank is still growing!
- State-of-the-art, classic board-style questions created by practicing academic physicians
- Detailed explanation and educational objective for each question with excellent
illustrations and charts that are easy to read, interpret, and memorize
- Board-simulated interface software features (highlight, strike-out, annotation,
searchable lab values, calculator, mark/flag items, etc.)*
- Customization of practice tests (subject-specific, system-specific, or combination
tests in timed, untimed, tutorial, and timed tutorial modes)
- Options to suspend and resume a test at anytime at your convenience with twenty-four-hour
account web access
- Option to compare performance scores with other users, see which subjects you need
to improve, and view your cumulative performance outline
- Option to compare progress on test to test basis via detailed chart*
- Ability to generate identical test blocks, ideal for instructor-led study group(s)
- External references to medical journal abstracts
- Option to improve your time management skills by monitoring time spent per question
*Some features are not available on Mobile devices.
Additional subscriber benefits
- Insight, pearls, tips, memory aids, and high-yield information from the pros on
how to excel on the ABIM's Internal Medicine Board exam
- Our state-of-the-art designed questions will allow you to learn more in less time
- Access to the Qbank on mobile devices: apps for the iPad, iPhone, and Android devices
are now available to make studying even easier on-the-go.
New Subscription and Renewal Fees
The following durations are offered for new subscription purchases and renewing
existing active subscription. Renewals are offered for current active subscriptions
only. Users should renew the subscription prior to the expiration date as renewals
are not offered for expired subscriptions. The renewal will be effective from the
current subscription expiration date and not from the date of renewal.
3-months (90 days)
6-months (180 days)
12-months (360 days)
1-month (30 days)
2-months (60 days)
3-months (90 days)